Ramakrishna Mission was founded in the year 1897
in the name of Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, by his illustrious disciple
Swami Vivekananda with the twin ideals “For one’s own liberation
and for the welfare of the world at large” with its Headquarters
at Belur Math (website).
It conducts various socio-religious activities through its branches
spread all over the world, in various fields such as education,
health, welfare of the poor, relief and rehabilitation, arts and
culture, morality, ethics and spirituality irrespective of caste,
creed and religion and is avowedly apolitical.
Inspired by the lofty ideals of Sri Ramakrishna,
the Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda a few young
men formed the Ramakrishna Samithi on 18th December 1955 and inaugurated
it on 5th February 1956 at Vijayawada.
Since its inception the Samithi was perodically representing to
the Ramakrishna Mission Headquarters to start a branch of Ramakrishna
Mission at Vijayawada by taking over the local Samithi.
At last, Ramakrishna Mission Headquarters agreed
to start a new centre at Vijayawada by duly accepting the Samithi's
properties at Gandhinagar and Sitanagaram village, Guntur District
including Ramakrishna Vidyalaya High School. The school is now known
as Ramakrishna Mission High School.
Thus the Ramakrishna Mission, Vijayawada officially
came into existence on 6th Febraury 2001.